Wednesday 14 December 2011

Stop Motion Animaton



I'm aware it's hard to see exactly what's going on due to the white on white. But here's what you're looking at:

I found out the hard way that if I wanted anything I drew to be seen, I had to make it really dark. The character is just as shaded in the video as the picture, but it's just not enough. In the future, I'll definitely be using more contrasts.

This first video is around 18 seconds long, though the original cut was 26. Lost 8 seconds after speeding it up in parts, and cutting out a couple frames.  for just those 28 seconds, I was taking pictures for about 4-5 hours. part of what made it take so long, was having a character made of separate moving parts, none of which are secure. When I tried to move one piece, they would all want to shift dramatically, leading to plenty of hair pulling. I tried gluing things down, but the glue dried up and became useless pretty fast.
And then of course, there's the construction of the character himself.



Those are just the pieces I found left in my drawer. There's another head, some thighs, more feet, more hands, etc. I drew, cut out, and shaded each one, and that took a couple days, just doing it while on break from other things.
The amount of time it took to make the 20 second piece is stupid.

2 comments:

  1. Great work Jack! I am glad this is part 1. Keep them coming man. If you ever need help I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Maybe sharpies next time?

    ReplyDelete